To fly for a commercial air service operator in Canada you are required to hold the Commercial Pilot License (CPL). This opens the door to your career as a commercial pilot as you work your way towards your goals. Typical entry level positions for pilots with a CPL may include: VFR / IFR Charter Air Taxi, Photo Survey Pilot, Medical Evacuation and Forest Fire Detection.


  • Private Pilot License
  • Training may begin at the age 14, however, you must be 18 in order hold the Commercial Pilot License.
  • Class 1 medical, obtained from an aviation medical examiner.


  • ​A minimum of 200 hours total flight time and 100 hours pilot-in-command time including 20 hours cross-country.
  • ​The Commercial course consists of 65 hours of flight training and 80 hours of ground school. The break-down includes a Night Endorsement and VFR-over-the-Top
    • ​35 hours of dual instruction:
      • ​10 hours of advanced dual instruction including at least 5 hours of cross-country
      • ​20 hours of instrument time
      • ​5 hours dual night
    • ​30 hours of solo flight time
      • ​25 hours of general practice, including airwork, and radio communication
      • ​5 hours solo night
      • ​Straight line cross country of at least 300 nautical miles with landings at 3 airports other than the departure airport
    • ​80 hours ground school, which includes instruction on air law, meteorology, navigation, and general knowledge.
    • ​Transport Canada flight and written exams are also required
    • ​All previous flight time counts toward the Commercial Pilot License
    • ​Time building may be required to reach the required time

Course Duration
​Training is at the student’s pace and convenience. We recommend completing training in 4 months.

At this time we are only able to offer 35 hours of dual training and 30 hours of solo training. We do not currently offer a ground school course for the Commercial Pilot License. Please inquire about costs.​